About This Notice
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Our customers have trusted us with their insurance needs for over 30 years, and we take our obligation to safeguard and secure your personal Information very seriously. We want you to understand how we collect Information about you and how we use and protect it.
- We obtain personal Information from you directly, from your transactions with us, and from third parties such as the Guam Department of Motor Vehicles.
- We will not sell your Information to third parties.
- Any third parties who perform services for us are required to safeguard any customer Information and may only use it in connection with performing those services.
- We extensively secure and limit access to your Information.
- We continue to protect Information about potential, current, and former customers.
The Information We Collect About You
“Nonpublic Personal Information” is Information that identifies you and is not available to the general public. We collect Information about you to quote and service your insurance policy. The following sections tell you more about how and when we collect your Information.
- Quoting, Application, or Claims Information You provide this Information on your quote, purchase, or claims forms, through your agent or broker, by phone, or online. We may also obtain it from directories and other outside sources. It includes your name, mailing and e-mail addresses, phone number(s), driver’s license number, Social Security number, date of birth, gender, marital status, type of vehicle, Information about other drivers, and/or home or business Information.
- Consumer Report Information We may receive Information about you from consumer reporting agencies, which provide us with your driving record, motor vehicle reports, claims history with other insurers, and/or other Information where permitted by law. The Information is kept by the consumer reporting agencies and disclosed by them to others as permitted by law. Our sales and service representatives may have access to the details of this Information. If you commit to purchase or renew a policy with ALPHA INSURERS, we will confirm the above Information as permitted by law.
- Transaction Information We may collect Information about your transactions and experiences with us, our affiliates, and others, such as your insurance coverages, limits and rates, payment and claims history, and vehicle changes.
- Website Information This Information is unique to Internet transactions. It includes the Website that linked you to ours, your computer operating system, and the pages you viewed on our site. Some Websites, including ours, may also store “cookies” on your computer. Cookies collect technical data, like your Internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, and session ID. They can also save certain Information entered by you.
Your Email Address
When you quote insurance on our Website, we collect your e-mail address so that we can send you e-mails concerning your transactions with us, and other Information we think you’ll find useful. ALPHA INSURERS may use it from time to time to provide updates about our products and services or to notify you of special offers. If you do not wish to be contacted by email, you may contact us. To ensure you get our e-mails, we may receive confirmations when you open them or click through e-mail links. These confirmations may also show whether your e-mail application supports graphics, so we can tailor our messages to you. We will share your e-mail address with your selected agent or broker. We will not share your e-mail address with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
To review Information we have about you, you may contact us or visit our offices to receive a copy of it for a fee to cover our costs. We will not provide Information that we feel is privileged, such as Information about insurance claims or lawsuits. To correct Information about you, please notify ALPHA INSURERS immediately. If we make your requested correction, we will notify you in writing. If required by law, we will also notify others who may have given it to or received it from us.
The Information We Disclose
Information about our current or former customers will only be disclosed as permitted or required by law. Information about you that has been collected is maintained in your policy and/or claims records. We will not share your Nonpublic Personal Information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
Disclosures include those that we feel are required to provide insurance claims or customer service, prevent fraud, perform research or comply with the law. Recipients include, for example, our employees within the insurance company, claims representatives, service providers, consumer reporting agencies, insurance agents and brokers, law enforcement, courts and government agencies. These parties may disclose the Information to others as permitted by law.
Where permitted by law, we may also disclose Application or Transaction Information to service providers, which may include financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
We use this Information to process and service your policy; to settle claims; with your consent; or as directed by you. We may also disclose it to persons or organizations as necessary to perform transactions you request or authorize. Information about our former customers and about individuals who have obtained quotes from us is safeguarded to the same extent as Information about our current customers.
The following are some examples of how we may disclose Information:
- We must exchange Information about you with our agents, investigators, appraisers, attorneys, and other persons who are or will become involved in processing your application and servicing your policy or any claims you may make.
- When you are involved in a claim, policy Information is provided to adjusters and the businesses that will repair your vehicle.
- We may share Information with persons or organizations that we have determined need the Information to perform a business, professional, or insurance function for us. These include businesses that help us with administrative functions. If the law permits, we may share Information with financial institutions with which we have a joint-marketing agreement. All of these entities are obligated to keep the Information that we provide to them confidential and to use the Information only for the purpose for which the Information was provided.
- Information may be provided to organizations conducting actuarial research or audits. In this case, you will not be individually identified in any research report. The organization must agree not to redisclose the Information and the Information will be returned to us or destroyed when it is no longer needed.
We may also share your Information for other permitted purposes, including:
- with another insurance company if you are involved in an accident with their insured
- with our reinsurers
- with insurance-support organizations that detect and prevent fraud
- with medical professionals or institutions in order to verify coverage or conduct operations or services audits
- with Guam insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities
- if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to your Nonpublic Personal Information to our employees who we have determined need it in order to provide products or services to you. Their use of the Information is limited by law. We train our employees to safeguard customer Information, and we require them to sign our employee code of conduct, as well as confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. We maintain strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Information from unauthorized access by third parties.
Your Security is Important to Us
At alphainsurers.com, the privacy and security of customer data is as important to us as it is to you. Physical safeguards, procedural controls and data access controls protect your data from unauthorized access. We continually monitor our systems to prevent unauthorized attempts at intrusion.
Our security measures help ensure that your data is secured and encrypted, so that others cannot access it while in transit. We limit access to our servers and require our employees to adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity in performing their jobs. We also provide some links to third-party Websites that are not owned by ALPHA INSURERS. ALPHA INSURERS has no control over their privacy practices and assumes no responsibility in connection with your use of their Websites. We recommend that you read the privacy and security policies of these sites or of any Website before you provide any personally identifiable Information.
Additional Information for our Website Users
When you visit our Websites, we use the Information we collect to provide services to you. We use Website Information to help understand what you want so that we can enhance your online experience. We also use Website Information to analyze use of our Websites. Information that does not identify you, or that you give us for contests and surveys, may be used for marketing purposes.
Privacy or Security Concerns
If you have a concern about privacy or security at ALPHA INSURERS, we want to hear about it by mail or email.
Please write to us at:
123 Archbishop Flores St.
Hagatna, GU 96910
Or Email Us